- Men's hockey resumes in Vancouver today. Here are the schedule and the game previews.
Slovakia vs Canada (6:00 pst, CNBC)
- Congratulations to the Canadian Women's team for earning the gold medal over the USA. That's 3 straight Olympic Golds for the beer swilling, cigar smoking ladies from up north.
- Rusty Klesla's return to the lineup may not happen at all this season, writes Tom Reed over at the Dispatch.
- The Calgary Flames have inked F Rene Bourque to a 6 year, 20 million dollar extension. Jackets Required feature writer Swaindog is a Flames fan... what say you about this move Swaindog?
- St Louis Blues D Cam Jansen has been suspended 5 games for his hit on Capitals F Matt Bradley. Jansen will miss this STL @ CBJ game on Saturday 3/13.
- Adam Gopnik of The New Yorker says that despite their reputation, Canadians are not nice people, and would just assume take you out Chris Pronger-style as they would offer you a Molson. He also compares Team Canada facing a goalie who plays for the Habs to incest. Team Canada faces Slovakia and netminder Jaroslav Halak tonight. Only in The New Yorker.