- Jackets take on the Fighting Orcas tonight in Masonwide Arena. Game previews from the Dispatch, NHL.com and ESPN.
- ESPN.com has a list of the top 200 players in the NHL. I'll spot you the obvious pick, Nash is #27 on the list. I spotted two other Jackets in there. Follow the link to see who.
- Interesting development in Big D where the biggest name in the history of the franchise, Mike Modano, has expressed interest in becoming a minority owner of the club. Modano has introduced Dallas Mavericks' owner Mark Cuban to a group of potential investors who are looking at buying the team. Cuban wants to be a minority player in the Starts too, as it will help him own more of the American Airlines Center where both the Mavs and Stars play.
- Great article from Tony Gallagher of The Province about Rick Nash the Olympian.
- PuckDaddy has an insightful look at the coverage NBC is giving hockey during these Olympics. Let's just say the Peacock prefers ice dancing to ice hockey.
- And here's the full Olympic ice hockey schedule for you.
- The Great One is the leading candidate in the mystery of who will light the Olympic cauldron at tonight's Opening Ceremonies. But Cam Cole of the Vancouver Sun looks at others who could get the honor.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Afternoon Scrum 2/12/10
Hockey headlines for the CBJ and from around the league. Mmmmm... hockey