Here are a few stories making headlines here in Columbus, and around the league.
- Lidstrom gets 1,000th point. I'll always hate the Red Wings, but I'm happy to give the man his due. The Free Press will tell you all about it.
- I've never been a Black Helicopter/Conspiracy guy, and I don't buy into any of the rumors that Nikita Filatov is close to being sent down to Syracuse and thus on his way to the KHL. Allow Messrs Portzline, Reed and Arace to allay your paranoia with their latest podcast from Ohio's Greatest Home Website.
- The Leafs are 0-5-1. That may not really be the stuff of headlines around here, but imagine what this town would do if the Buckeyes were 0-fer their first six games. Phil Kessel better work miracles. Damien Cox of the Toronto Star tries to talk Leafs fans back from the edge.
- If the recent lull in the Coyotes relocation soap opera has you jonesing for an NHL relocation fix, here comes an AP story about the city of Quebec with a plan to get a team back in their yard.
- Saturday night's game (10/17) will be Hockey Fights Cancer night at Nationwide Arena. The time and effort made by the Blue Jackets Foundation for this cause is worthy of all of our attention and thanks. To learn more about the Blue Jackets Foundation, what they do, and how you can help, visit them here.